Importing Large Database File
Recommended to use http://c9.io as this provides Linux environment in the cloud, this should mean faster upload to the server than from a local machine.
1) Start new c9.io workspace with PHP option or use existing one
2) Upload the .sql or .sql.zip file there using: File -> Upload Local Files
3) In c9 terminal, use linux 'cd' command to get to current directory. 'ls -a' will give output of current directory in terminal
4) If there is collation issue, like:
ERROR 1273 (HY000) at line 30: Unknown collation: 'utf8mb4_unicode_ci'
Then run this command to replace the 'mb4' part (or replace something similar if different issue)
sed -i 's/mb4//g'
5) Then, import the database via cmd line (this may take a while)
mysql -h mysql.